Sunday, February 15, 2009

Getting my groove back


That's me and Manpower in 1994, a year before I was impregnated by Gollum (see previous post).
After the show they offered photos with the guys for $5. All the other girls just stood there between guys at the back..but Frankie had other ideas.
Can you spot Jamie Durie? He's the one grabbing my arse (well ok... the one with his hand on my thigh). All the actual excitement occurred after the photo was taken, when my hair got stuck in the young lad's necklace. Took ages to get unstuck. It was pure hell.
I think my main aim from now on is going to be to get my groove back. Yeah I want to lose weight and feel great, but that's part of it. I can work on getting my groove back now and don't have to be 20kgs lighter to do it. I've kinda given up on trying to look good for the past 3 years or so. I don't fit into any of my nice clothes. I refuse to buy any clothes in bigger sizes so I just wear the same thing day after day. I don't really put a lot of effort into my hair or makeup or accessories as quite frankly, I don't want to be noticed. I don't like to make eye contact, especially with attractive men.
However recent events, ie Pool Guy, led me to believe that I do still have my groove, it's just suppressed and tired. Just one week of clean eating and consistent exercise really perked me up and I just have to keep that going and it will become automatic, and I'll feel light and bright all the time. I won't be laying around on half naked men every day...as much as I'd like too, but I'll feel better about myself at the very least.
So...to start - buy some summer pants. I've been wearing jeans every day for the last 2 years. I kid you not. Not summer pants, heavy denim jeans. I don't know why I haven't bought myself something nicer. I guess I keep thinking I'll lose weight and fit into my other clothes so I don't want to spend the money, but I haven't lost the weight yet, and it could take another couple of months to drop a size so I have to tell myself that buying some nicer clothes that actually FIT me, isn't giving in, it's just being practical (and more comfortable). So, that's what I'm going to do this week - buy some summer pants. I have to hurry though as all the new winter stock is appearing in the shops and there'll be nothing left but nanna pants.
BTW I didn't get to see Pool Guy last week. My boy decided he couldn't bear another half hour of swimming after spending two weeks straight at the pool for his school swimming classes so he point blank refused to go. I sulked for a while and then told him that I really, really wanted to go next week, and I told him why. He was very excited and asked if there was the possibility of marrying Pool Guy. I told him anything was possible, so he's promised we will definitely go this week! Stay tuned.....

10 comments:

Kitty said...

oh frankie i did this while breeding the spawns!

if i posted pictures of myself from that time, nobody would believe they were me.

i didn't wear jewellry for...18 months? and the stuff i wore was boring and very low profile.

i didn't have my nails done. i didn't have spray tans, i did nothing with my hairs. i was flat out wearing make up.

and the clothes.

oh my gawd.

i'm glad you are going to buy some summer pants. it's a major breakthrough, i know what you are feeling like.

yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayay!

xxx

Kerry W said...

Hey Frankie

Yay on getting your groove back! :)

Yeah...think we all go through the same kinda thing with the clothes. My girlfriend told me I should take better care of myself. Wore daggy, stretched, holed undies and bras; no make-up (not that I wear any much anyway). Just wore oversized shirts to hide the rolls under them, cause it didn't matter how much I tried to 'suck it in', it was still there. :(

Since doing IBO though, my habits have definitely improved, and I think taking care of mua, definitely makes a difference to the battered self esteem.

Something or someone like the 'pool guy' can give that added motivation! :)

Ciao.

Frankie said...

Kitty! Nice to see you.

Thanks yeah...you know I think I may have dressed slightly better when I was 9 months pregnant!

I do wear a little makeup if I go to work but that's it. I've got so much of it, and so much gorgeous jewellery. What a bloody waste. After kids to go school today I'm straight down to the shops.

Kerry,

I am so looking forward to wearing figure hugging clothes again. Having a roll of fat (or two) does limit what you wear doesn't it? Everything has to be baggy enough to hide it.

My 'standing' rolls have gone now, but there's still the 'sitting' rolls I try to hide.

Arghhhh....I want my plunging halternecks and hipster jeans back!

Oh gawd I'm being hassled to iron school clothes..bye!

Flea said...

I was the same with clothes, did not buy new ones because one day I'll be thin and this will be wasted! But I also started to grab my groove back and said "I got to look after my image" too :-) You will feel so much better so fingers crossed you find some nice marked down pieces. I love 3/4 pants.
Looking fw to Wednesday with you.

judestone said...

Good for you.

You are totally HAWT, but I absolutely advocate treating yourself to some new clothes and war paint.

Knock em dead girl, and lets hope you have a Mr Pool Guy encounter very soon!

Frankie said...

Flea and Jude thanks!

Didn't have much luck on the shopping trip but I will whinge about that later.

Right now just deciding what to wear on Wednesday to the pool :oD

Hilary said...

OMG I have almost the same exact photo!! Except I was sitting on the lap of the guy in the middle (and Jamie Durie was taking the photo, not in it). Ahhhh the memories!

I think my pic was about '94 or '95 too...

Go the summer pants, a little retail therapy, and some new clothes might be just what you need.

Hilary xx

Frankie said...

Yep Hilary, I think there would be quite a few of those Manpower photos out there. What a hilarious night we had. More fun than pervy.

Ahhh..those were the days...

RaeC said...

Oh Frankie you crack me up... loved your Valentine's Day post!! Gollum will regret the day he ever let you go in the very near future... I know for damn sure you will make him!! Not that you want him back, but revenge can be sweet xxx

Frankie said...

He he...Thanks yeah Rae he's such a dropkick my ex. And his date was a fizzer! I'll post about that tomorrow.