So it's day 27.
I'm still doing my light cardio...around every other day and do feel better for it. Not HEAPS better, but better than I did at the start....so that's a good thing.
My shoulder rehab has fallen by the wayside. I just keep forgetting to do it. I'm going to have to work on a strategy to start getting into it again. When I was doing weights, I just added it in to the start of my program..there, on the paper, so I couldn't forget. What to do...what to do...
I know I said I wouldn't weigh myself, but I have been. My weight today is EXACTLY the same as it was on day one of the challenge. Not surprising as my eating has fallen in a hole these past couple of weeks. I think did lose a kilo or two at the beginning, but all my stress eating since I found out my contract was not being renewed, has taken care of that loss.
Yeah yeah I know I'm using it as an excuse. I'm just saying.
So...a couple of weeks left and I'll try to get the cardio and nutrition thing synchronised and see what happens.
As far as job hunting goes. Well..it's going very slowly. There are so many factors I need to consider. Does it pay enough for me to do part-time, is it close enough to home to do full-time? What are the actual hours and will it affect the kids after school activities? Every job I look at has to be put under the microscope before I even apply.
I did start out wanting to apply for EVERYTHING, but soon discovered that writing a good application is quite stressful and tiring and decided that I would just apply for those jobs that I thought I would enjoy. I'm still quite confident I will find something, so not going to apply for just anything at the moment. I'm worried that if I get a full-time job that I don't really like, I won't then be able to look for something else..and be stuck there.
Also, there is a chance of a last minute reprieve at my current workplace. My boss and the School Dean put together a proposal to save our centre and two of the admin staff's jobs by sharing staff with another small research centre within the school. The School Dean now has to put the proposal to the Faculty Dean and see what he thinks.
This would be the ideal solution for me right now. The easy solution I guess. I do need to work more hours than I am working now, the kids and I are really struggling financially at the moment, but if our Centre just gets a handful of research projects up and running, I should be able to double my hours at work and my position should be safe for at least a couple of years (or the life of whatever the projects are).
But, things will get tricky if I am offered one of the government positions I applied for in the meantime. I applied for a Housing Officer position and also a School Officer position (at my daughter's high school).
These are permanent positions with the government. I'm not sure what I'd do if I had to make the choice. I'm very confident about the School Officer one as I'm more than qualified and it's just over the back fence. But, it's part time and on a lower salary than I'm on now, and more hours (resulting in my income remaining almost the same). It would be a safe and easy choice. But if I stay where I am, there is the potential to nearly double my weekly income. But it's not permanent or secure. It's year to year.
Probably stupid of me to waffle on now as both scenario's are IF's.
Fuck I hate waiting.