Tuesday, June 16, 2009

.....44.....





Well I'm 44 today and I hope I'm at least some of those things.
Having a pretty quiet day today. Kids got me a cd (Muse's album) and a lovely card (won't talk about the huge fight they had last night about who should write the card and wrap it). I also got a beautiful ring in the mail just now from my buddy Samantha.
My friend the lovely Little Lulu and I have birthdays a week apart so we usually have a joint celebration. This year it's her choice so we are going to a Jazz Club on Friday night. Not really into Jazz myself but it's the company that will make it fun. A great bunch of people coming, including my mates Lara Croft, Mowgli and Spiffo so should be hilarious as usual.
Then, to mum's for birthday lunch on Saturday (and yes, it will involve carbs!).
So.....I sat back and thought about how far I've come since this time last year and I think I'm ok with where I'm at right now.
Last year I was 10kg heavier. I was also at a real low as far as health goes. I actually had an exam on my birthday and was extremely stressed from studying 3 units that semester and felt as though I was going to totally lose the plot. (I did start semester 2 but withdrew in August.)
It was June last year that I decided I really needed to do something about my health and fitness and signed up with Ideal Bodies Online in July, which is what has ultimately been a huge turning point for me and the ripple effect has enriched my life immensely.
Fellow bloggies who started their IBO program with me were Kerry, Rach and Tracey. We didn't have blogs back then but it was through their friendship and encouragement that I started blogging and now I can't imagine my day without it. I love the friendships I have made. Even though only in cyberspace now, I hope one day to catch up with some of you in the flesh.
I'm crapping on a bit but the gist of it is that my life is a lot better now than it was this time last year, and hopefully it will be even better next year.
Oh and another thing. Last year I hadn't had sex since 5 February, 2005 between 10pm and 10.05pm. He he....this year I had my 'sex clock' set back to zero..and that's also a good thing ;o)

Edit - I just got to work and my gorgeous workmates got me pressies! My girlfriend - formerly known as Ms Moneypenny - got me a beautiful ceramic picture frame and some wrinkle cream (yes..I think it's a hint). Mowgli, Lara Croft, Spiffo and the rest got me.....2 DVD Star Trek Boxed sets!! The Time Travel Fan Collection and the BORG Fan Collection. Yippee! More stuff to watch on the treadmill!



17 comments:

nwtrunner said...

Sing the following to the tune of "Happy Birthday"

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Frrrrraaaannnnkkkiieeee
Happy Birthday to you!

Go and have a blast on your 44th!

Interesting to read your 'year end summation' on things - you're doing wunnerful grand!

Pizza Gal said...

Hello Birthday Lady!

Happy Birthday!

44 and looking gorgeous and smashing, what a great feeling you've come so far in 12 months.

Hope the sun is a shining on you today.
Em x

KatieP said...

Happy Birthday - 44 is a good number. You've made amazing progress in the past year.
x

Frankie said...

Thanks Alasdair. Yes, I've done better this past year that last year, that's for sure :o)

Hey Em, thanks. Yep it's a DIVINE day here in Perth!

Thanks Katie. I feel like I've come a long way, and a lot of that is my way of thinking and change of habits. Your blog's been a part of that.

Caz said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
I think its so great you have decided to take control of your health.

Get that sex clock going again!

I also think its ADORABLE that the kids had a fight over who was gonna wrap your present.
Very cute.
Minus the obvious yelling.

Have a great day!

Kerry W said...

Hey Frankie

It's definitely been a big year for you girlfriend!

I have a feeling this next year is going to be even bigger, and you're going to be even lighter. :)

I've already said this on FB, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAHLINK! I'm sure we'll hear all the fun details about Friday night...enjoy!

Daire said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope the rest of your day was good to you... :)
from the reading I've done - you have come a long way in 12 months and I hope that the next year is good to you.

Frankie said...

Hey Caz..thanks:o) Yeah...hope the little buggers can keep quiet tonight. Might make them cook me dinner or something.

Thanks Kerry. I have a feeling it will be a better one too. Thanks for your continued support from Day 1!

Hi Daire. Thanks for the wishes. Yep..have come a long way, at least I feel like I have. Lot's to come though! Cheers

judestone said...

Hello you gorgeous HAWT vision, you! Happy biffday!

The best present you can give yourself is the best life possible and I really think you've done just that. Good on you! Money can't buy something like that - although we also love the gifts money CAN buy! ;p

cam said...

Happy birthday Frankie. I hope your day is great and your year at 44 is fantastic.

Frankie said...

Thanks Jude :o) Yep, Life is good. Just all the well wishes were enough to make my day but the presents were a nice surprise.

Hey cam. Thanks. Oh...and the Muse album is great, you were right! Listened to it on way to and from work today.

Lisa Jane said...

Happy birthday gorgeous....have a great time on the weekend and find a guy ten times hotter than the BB Mental Defect and do the wild monkey dance. Heheh

LJ
xox

Frankie said...

hahaha...thanks LJ will do!

Tearose said...

Happy Birthday Frankie!!!!

Frankie said...

Thanks Tearose !!

Nicole said...

Frankie !!!! I'm behind in blogs... sorry love. HAP, HAP, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. And congrats on the reflection and finding out that your life is better loads of reason since 365 days ago. What a nice feeling. Hope you had a great day !!!

Frankie said...

Hi Nic, Thanks! Yeah, life is SO much better this year ..fer sher.